Skoda Octavia elegance 151.

Ger Fleming

My wife is considering trading in Octavia 09 for new skoda. Is the Octavia reliable and a decent Buy?. Any advice appreciated.

It's going well. A small cracki in rear head light but just passed nct. 87000mls. Need a reliable car and was wondering if skoda a good option . meant to say was trading in 09 insignia. Apologies.

It's going well. A small cracki in rear head light but just passed nct. 87000mls. Need a reliable car and was wondering if skoda a good option.
Just bought a Skoda Ambition. We think it's a great car, researched the market thoroughly before purchase for cars in same category (test drove a few like the Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, Peugot 308 etc.) and found the Skoda suited us best. You need to have a list of priorities for the car, for example, we needed diesel engine (due to driving long distances regularly), big boot, good maintenance record, local dealer and maintenance company, cruise control, air conditioning, .......

We had an Octavia in the early noughties, and loved it then, no problem with day-to-day running, totally reliable etc.

Hope this helps.

Had a fabia for 4 years, traded it in for a yeti 2 years ago. Both were/are very reliable. Regular services and tyres are all I've had to get done. Comfortable to drive, start on the button.

Would consider mitsubishi ASX for the 8 year warranty
guy in work has one from 10 seems happy

The elegance is a nice spec, my dad has a 10 octavia estate elegance, had the DPF changed with some contribution from skoda last year otherwise no problems although it is low miles.

I have a 2010 Octavia Elegance TDi. No problems whatsoever so far. I bought it on the basis of anticipated reliability -- I buy my cars new and run them for minimum ten years. Previously only bought Toyotas, but the Skoda is my new favourite car.

Honest John recommends. This is quite an unusual 'feature' though:

Apparently on an Octavia there is no means of opening the bonnet to recharge a discharged battery. The passenger door of RHDs cannot be opened without an electrical supply and closes over the bonnet catch lever.

Back