simplest process for buying?

B

Blaina

Hello,

I'm brand new to buying and selling of property so please bear with me. I find myself in the fortunate situation of being able to buy, from my landlady, the bungalow which I have rented and maintained for some twenty years.
It would be a very straightforward transaction - no searches or surveys would necessary, if avoidable that is.
So, can anyone tell me what would be the very simplest and cheapest buying procedure we could use to finalise this transaction - I simply want to pay her - she simply wants to sell me the property I am totally familiar with.

Thanks for any help
Blaina

It would be a very straightforward transaction - no searches or surveys would necessary, if avoidable that is.
I don't think that this is possible and any decent solicitor will insist on and probably be required to do searches.
So, can anyone tell me what would be the very simplest and cheapest buying procedure we could use to finalise this transaction - I simply want to pay her - she simply wants to sell me the property I am totally familiar with.
You will still need a solicitor - and preferably one each in my opinion to ensure no conflicts of interest.

Thanks Clubman for your response. I will take your advice.
Is there a website that sets out in detail the basic legal requirements and obligations for both parties, including searches (what these are and what they are for etc), for the kind of property transaction I wish to undertake?

Thanks again,
Blaina

Thank you again - I think that answers all the questions! Blaina

Back