Health Insurance Similar (but better value) Policies to VHI's PMI 3713 ?

MrEarl

Hello,

My wife and I are currently on VHI's PMI 3713 policy and were wondering if there were any suggestions for competitive, alternative policies (from any of the providers) please ?

Suffice to say, it's renewal time soon and the premium has shot up, hence we are potentially on the move.

Thankfully, no claims for either myself or my wife and no known illnesses etc.

All assistance very much appreciated.

MrEarl,

Pricewise, there are no cheaper plans with similar cover - lower priced plans would have either a higher inpatient excess or reduced hi-tech cover. However, Laya's similar priced plans would have extra cover, worth considering. Lower excess, day to day cover, private room in private hospital.

1. Simplicity Plan; price 1087pa;(1117pa see note below) public, private and hi-tech hospital cover. Max inpatient excess 100 x 2 admissions per year to a private or hi-tech hospital. Day case excess 50 per visit to a private or hi-tech hospital. This plan also has extra full cover for a private room in a private hospital. There is also good day to day cover included - the first 100 not allowed. Full cover for orthopaedic surgery, no excess, in private or hi-tech hospitals.

2. Simply Connect Plan; price 1063pa;(1093pa see note below) public, private and hi-tech hospital cover. Max inpatient excess 150 x 2 admissions per year to a private or hi-tech hospital. Day case excess 50 per visit to a private or hi-tech hospital. There is good day to day cover with this plan, 1 euro excess, max refund per year is 300. Full cover for orthopaedic surgery, no excess, in private or hi-tech hospitals.

Note; there is a 3% surcharge if you pay by installments. The prices in brackets above includes the 3%.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,

Many thanks for the above.

Just for clarity (and something I should have been clear about in my original post), I am happy to accept a little higher on excesses btw.

OK, the following 3 plans with Laya are worth considering, 3 levels of hospital cover as before, public,private + hi-tech;

1. Flex 175 Explore; price 988pa; public,private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess 175 per private/hi-tech admission, day case 75 excess per visit.
2. Flex 250 Explore; price 854pa; public,private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess 250 per private/hi-tech admission, day case 100 excess per visit
3. Flex 375 Explore; price 750pa; public,private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess 375 per private/hi-tech admission, day case 125 excess per visit.

[broken link removed]

NOTE; the above 3 plans will increase in price from 1st July 2016, so if your renewal is 1 July you would need to renew a day or two before this date to avoid the price increases. Laya are very flexible in allowing customers to do this.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks again Snowyb, really appreciate the assistance.

I need to put a little time into learning more about health insurance, have to confess it's an achillies heel of mine at the moment.

Back