Shomera Extensions

Captain Z

Hi posters,

We are looking to extend a newly purchased house (block build from the 70's), and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Shomera.ie. There are a few posts from several years ago, but none detailing peoples experiences.

We have met with their reps at the property for the purpose of getting a quote (not yet received), and found them to be thorough and professional, with plenty of good ideas.

The galleries on their website and the display at the Ideal Homes all looked very impressive. But it's hard to tell from these.

Appreciate it if anyone could advise if their experience was good bad or indifferent?

Hi Captain Z

We put in a Shomera stand alone office (i.e. not an extension) in the back garden in approximately 2005/06. They were great to work with, thoroughly professional, and we were very happy with how the job turned out. Even now, 7 or 8 years later we are still happy with the job, and have not had too many problems.

I don't have a bad word to say about them.

Regards,

Past30

As far as I can recall from the previous threads they are expensive but very good. The expense bit may have changed since the recession also. You could post over on boards.ie to see if there are any experiences there also.

This thread in the sites forum may be of interest but not much info on dealing with Shomera.

turns out you can't specify a supplier on Boards.ie, but you can discuss some (non) celebs hair colour - bit pointless really.

we had a shomera installed in back garden in 2004 - its used as a music room. They are a very professional company & would highly recommend them. We had one very slight problem about three years after purchasing with the handle on door - they were with us the next day after reporting the problem and sorted it straight away, we had had no problems since. The room is used constantly - very good purchase - love it!
C

CMK - thanks for the response. Everything I read/hear about them is positive, which is always suspect :)! It is always a good sign when the internet isn't full of complaints about a company. They probably are just that good!

I am waiting on designs and a quote from them so will let everyone know how that goes (for any others wishing to use Shomera). If we choose to use the company I will keep the thread open and post updates on experiences.

CMK - thanks for the response. Everything I read/hear about them is positive, which is always suspect :)! It is always a good sign when the internet isn't full of complaints about a company. They probably are just that good!

I am waiting on designs and a quote from them so will let everyone know how that goes (for any others wishing to use Shomera). If we choose to use the company I will keep the thread open and post updates on experiences.
Hi CaptainZ

I've been very impressed by the gallery on the shomera website and I'm wondering if you got quotes / designs and went ahead with the build? We're looking to build an extension to the rear of our house.

I'm aware this thread was started a while back!

Many thanks

Back