Shane Mc Gowan

The Pogues are the band I went to see most often when I was young. I know most of their songs off by heart. While his death was not unexpected it's still extremely sad.

The Pogues are the band I went to see most often when I was young. I know most of their songs off by heart. While his death was not unexpected it's still extremely sad.
Did many people hear your versions of those classic songs ,,,,,,,just wondering..as I'm sure are everyone else..

Last edited:
Did many people hear your versions of those classic songs ,,,,,,,just wondering..as I'm sure are everyone else..
I wouldn't inflict that on anyone. Shane's voice was like an angel in comparison to mine.

I wouldn't inflict that on anyone. Shane's voice was like an angel in comparison to mine.
When you join the gang later you can give them a few bars .......with or without the assistance of alcohol......
Will I let them know :D

Met him a couple of times in pubs around London back in the 90s. Very intelligent and clever man, despite the drink and some great songs. John Creedon had a marathon of his songs last night on the raidio, worth listening back to

Robert Elms on BBC Radio London did a very nice piece on him yesterday morning, interesting to hear Londoners speaking and discussing how he captured the essence of the city. Rainy night in Soho always did it for me

The funeral takes place today, with his funeral cortege passing through Dublin before making its way to Co Tipperary for a private cremation.

The cortege will begin at the South Lott’s Road Junction on Ringsend Road at around 11am, before moving across MacMahon Bridge and then onto Pearse Street. From there, it will reach as far as the junction at Lomdard Street East and then turn onto Westland Row, onto Fenian Street and conclude at Denzille Lane at around 11.45am.

Back