Setting up a self administered pension fund

shipibo

I am setting up a self administered pension fund, and was wondering if anyone had advice, or know questions I should ask pension advisors to ascertain they are good

What are average costs of setting up such a fund?

Anyone have examples of breakdown of sectors in funds?

Thanks in advance

If you are setting up a self administered scheme, you need to start with a pensioneer trustee.

What are you looking to invest in? If tradeable assets such as bonds and equities, are you going to do it yourself or have a fund manager do it for you? You can pick whoever you want.

Most pensioneer trustees will set up a new trust free of charge. If you get an advisor to help you with all the paperwork, expect to pay €1,000 - €2,000.

The ongoing fee is usually a percentage of the funds under management.

Anyone have examples of breakdown of sectors in funds?

What do you mean by this?

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

SBarrett

Just seen this reply now, thanks for taking the time.

Will check out Pensioneer Trustee , and get back to the thread.

Breakdown would be etc ... Equities 20 %, Bonds 20% , Real Estate etc .....

There are a few that I use if you want me to pass on their details.

Their job is to act as a Revenue watchdog to make sure that your investments are above board, like all investments are at arms length. They do not advise. If you want money in bonds and equities, you have to find a fund manager/ stock broker to do that for you.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

There are a few that I use if you want me to pass on their details.

Their job is to act as a Revenue watchdog to make sure that your investments are above board, like all investments are at arms length. They do not advise. If you want money in bonds and equities, you have to find a fund manager/ stock broker to do that for you.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Thanks Steven

Would appreciate you sending me on details of some Pensioneer trustees you know

Will keep in touch, thank you for your help so far

Back