Setting of Service Charges

mtp

a recent a.g.m. of management company approved s charge based on a budget that

1 did not include an estimate for insurance - contrary to S18. 3 of the MUD Act.
2 Include expend for landscaping.The maintenance of these lands are the responsibility of the developer / bank until the completion of contract for sale of them to the man co. (The Lease)

Under S18.6 of the MUD Act Service charge levied under this section may NOT be used to defray expenses on matter which are or were the responsibility of the developer unless such expenditure is approved in writing by 75 per cent of the members . Under S18.9 Money expended by the OMC and approved under S6 can be recovered by the OMC from the party liable for any such matter of expend or works . That is a a great lift up for members of all OMC where land charged and paying to but it means .

A lot of money to spend by an omc to spend on landscaping land other respons incl local authorities that has no fund for legal cost to get the lands.

I wonder if there are any OMC tat use this Section or many who don't . I only discovered it before the AGM. My proposal to meeting that a new meeting be reconvened under S18 to approve s charge in line with act shot down and OMC Solr had not a bad word to say about it which begs question about OMC Solicitors r. risk of member who has paid s charge and never asked to approve expend not looking for his/her money back but most nb opportunity of OMC getting back money paid by u to to work not your responsibility anyhow until land transferred to man co being lost with back of mud act. .

Back