Selling my share of inheritance

Gracieboo 22

Could someone tell me can I sell my share of inheritance ,siblings have the same amount.its my moms home,there refusing to sell there's please help

Tell us a bit more, eg, was it left to you in a will and how was the will written for you to inherit, etc.

Hi,no problem,yes we were left a house,between 5 siblings,2 executors are siblings of mine,in the will were allowed to do as we wish,with our share.they r saying the don't have money to buy me out,but they want to keep the house themselves,the won't declare how much contents are worth.a relative has offered to buy my share of the property,the 4 siblings don't like this relation.id love to be rid of them.the have destroyed our life with the past 3 years.thanks

If they cannot buy you out they have to sell it all.

What basis do you have for this opinion. Does it not depend on the terms of the will.

It seems that the will did not say the house should be sold.

in the will were allowed to do as we wish,with our share

Gracie could ask a court to order a sale, though this seems unlikely to succeed.

a relative has offered to buy my share of the property

There is no reason why Gracie cannot sell her inheritance to this relative. Usually it is difficult to find anyone who wants to buy a part share in a house, but if she has a buyer there is nothing to stop her selling.

Back