Selling house

johnjohn

Bought a house with my girlfriend 4 months ago but things going very bad at moment so there is a possibility that are we may be selling it soon. Neither of us would want to keep it on our own so would just cut our losses and move on. we have a 30 yr mortgage with first 5 yr fixed. If we go to sell it would we end up owing the bank a load of interest or would selling it cover everything???

Current valuation 215k
Deposit paid by me 8k
Deposit paid by her 0k
Purchase price 215
Stamp duty 0
Total mortgage payments 3k in total, 1,500 each

Go find someone to discuss your problems with. Its probably all your fault, I'm sure she's already explained that to you. I spent the first 6 months of married life fighting with my wife, found it hard to get used to being tied down, hated household chores, money was tight, missed the spontaneous nights out with the lads. Eventually I copped myself on. I would have walked if we hadn't been married. Happily married now for 22 years, I guess I was slow to mature... Best of luck. TRy taking her for a walk and talking to her. Make sure you hold hands, its much harder to fight holding hands, try it and see. A nice bunch of flowers will set the right tone and reminds yourself before you walk in the door what was it that attracted you to her in the first place.

I could be wrong here but because you're fixed for five years, you will owe the bank penalties for paying off the loan early (which is what will happen if you sell up). You'd have the check with them exactly what you'll have to pay

Back