selling house in athy?

Sarah

Hi all,

I am curretnly thinking of selling my house in Athy and moving back home for a while to look to buy a house closer..thus hopefully cutting out bridging loand ect. However, i know no one is a mind reader but can anyone give me any insight on sellig houses this year...i keep hearing the market is very slow and where as it took 8 weeks previously to sell a house now its different. I am worried that due to location we will either not get the asking price (which is reasonable) or it wont sell at all. It is in a good location as far as walking to the train station and shops ect but with it being a commuter town are houses selling at all? Any info is much appriciated. I was going to go with the estate agents Remax..are they good at selling houses?
Cheers.

Hi There
We sold a house in Athy last september.I really recommend era (not affliated in any way) who sold ours.I found the market really slow back then,thought it would never sell.I have 2 friends selling in an estate thats great location for train etc and they are also finding things very slow now.

Maybe now would be a good time to test the water if there are not many houses up around you, and at the end of the day its not a big cost to put house up and see if there is any interest.
Either way best of luck!

Last edited:
thanks for the reply...yeah we were thinking of going with ERA as they wont charge us a penny as long as we have the house on the market for about 3 months anyway.
There are two other houses in my estate for sale...one which is the same build as mine but going fully furnished at €315000 and the other which has the same amount of bedrooms but a smaller layout going at 300000. Hoping for €305000 for ours as we have a landscaped back gardsn and better storage facilities not to mention the house is slightly bigger. I know the market is very slow at the moment but from what im hearing its not impossible to sell your house in 4 months. Congrats on your new home by the way.

sorry ment to ask you if you dont mind...how long was your house on the market for and what was the house spec and price?

Was a 4 bed semi with good sized back garden and facing a large green.
We put house up at the end of July and got sale agreeded end of Sep.

We had on for 275 and had lots of viewers but the 4th bedroom let
us down with the size.My former neighbour now has his house(exactly same) up for sale at 285.So things are looking up.
I dont think I would ever ever want to go through all that again.
But wish you also the very best of luck!
p.s are you in the yellow houses?

Back