Seller using two auctioneers

Trustmeh

Looking at a house to buy - the seller is using two EAs. I rang the first one and left a message to try and make an appt. Got no reply and impatiently rang the second EA - got straight through and made an appt for tuesday. In the meantime, second EA gets back to me and makes an appt for same house on monday.

Do i need to worry about this outcome (if i hadnt got enough to worry about already) or is it all fair in love and war. Do i need to declare both appts and let them sort it out or what?

Declare both appointments, select the one that is preferable to you, and then leave them to fight it out amongst themselves. :D

the vendor must have a lot of money auctioneers do not come cheap !

all worked out OK. I let both EA's know the situation and went with the first one that i originally rang - ended up being the one that could give me the appt first anyways.

You could have attended both appointments and then tried to see who would sell it to you cheapest! There's no law against it. As an Auctioneer we will not sell a house with another agent. Its counterproductive. I recommend you keep in touch with both agents and play one against the other.. thats business.

agree with previous comment. Estate agents will play you for what they can get so no harm the shoe being on the other foot.

Back