Sell property without estate agent?

I do realise that I will need to pay a solicitor for certificates of compliance, draft of sale, pre-contract enquiries, review of deeds, indemnity insurance to deal with purchasers bank and solicitor, certificate of title, BER cert, LPT compliance etc. (most of which I have on file). But as most of these checks have been relatively recently carried out - do you think that approx €4K is reasonable?

I do realise that I will need to pay a solicitor for certificates of compliance, draft of sale, pre-contract enquiries, review of deeds, indemnity insurance to deal with purchasers bank and solicitor, certificate of title, BER cert, LPT compliance etc. (most of which I have on file). But as most of these checks have been relatively recently carried out - do you think that approx €4K is reasonable?

€4K for selling a house seems astronomical to me. If a person has the correct certification, planning, title, deeds and all the relevant certificates of discharge in place, why would a solicitor charge so much for selling? A person buying has an average cost of €2.5k, why is it nearly double for selling?

Back