Self Build - The costs?

Currently at roof level and would appreciate any current feedback on quotes for my roof;
Labour (cut roof, felt, batten slate) €15500 - 3 quotes v similar
Capco Natural slate and all associated materials (ridges, vents, nails etc) - €16500
Roof timber etc - €5400

So total cost around €37500. While I have about 330 sqm of roof, this is a good €7-10k more than I expected.
Can any experts or self-builders that have recently done a roof offer an opinion?

Currently at roof level and would appreciate any current feedback on quotes for my roof;
Labour (cut roof, felt, batten slate) €15500 - 3 quotes v similar
Capco Natural slate and all associated materials (ridges, vents, nails etc) - €16500
Roof timber etc - €5400

So total cost around €37500. While I have about 330 sqm of roof, this is a good €7-10k more than I expected.
Can any experts or self-builders that have recently done a roof offer an opinion?

The labour costs seem reasonable, the timber costs seem okish (maybe a just a little high ) but capco gear seems very high. I know you have natural slate but even still it seems very expensive. What type of roof is it? Are there many valleys in it?

My cost/quote for a roof on 200sq m bungalow and 26sq m garage. labour and materials to finished roof (tegral thru-tone slates) 1st fix internally. €26000.

Thanks Ludermor and Bakerboy.

Ludermor - the roof is H-shaped with 4 valleys so not straighforward. I need 6600 slates for the job so that gives some idea.

Bakerboy - If I ratio up your quote for my area, its nearly spot on so maybe I shouldnt be surprised by my costs

Thanks again

Our roof on our self-build is just complete. For House and Garage..ie 270m2 of roof it has cost 34k. That is using one of Capcos natural slate 20x10. Watch out for price of lead....has gone through the roof:D

hi guys,

Got a quote for plumbing a 3500sq ft house, 30rads all materials supplied except sanitaryware and solar panels €18000. Is this expensive?

hi guys,

Got a quote for plumbing a 3500sq ft house, 30rads all materials supplied except sanitaryware and solar panels €18000. Is this expensive?

I got quotes from €16000 to €26000 for a 2200sq ft house, 17 rads all materials supplied except sanitary ware and solar panels, so I think you are doing well. Included in the price are 4 zones, pressureised system, kickboard heaters in the kitchen, 300 litre hot water tank, 2 bath room supply, 1 toilet supply, 1 kitchen supply, 1 utility supply, condensing oil boiler,.

look into icf (integraspec) i used for an extension, the insulation is beond compare save a lot on heating. self build cheaper but you need to shop around a lot, you need to be able to give a lot of time to it but its worth it. do a lot of research! good luck. its hard work but exciting

I am currently starting a build in Wicklow ( 260m2 bungalow ). Rising wall are nearly finished, so I am trying to fiquire the cost of a radon barrier and insulation for floor.

your radon barrier should be under your slab.............

your radon barrier should be under your slab.............

Not sure what you are getting at here, the slabs would be poured after the rising walls are built. Are you thinking about radon barrier under a raft foundation?

Oh i hope the build went well for Guju and the house is complete by now :)

Back