Second Hand Furniture in Dublin

WarrenBuffet

Hi,

I am looking to buy some second hand furniture for a rental property.....I did a search there and found this thread:
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=12121&highlight=hand+furniture+dublin

Its very informative.....would be very intereseted to see Buckleys down in Sandycove but unfortunately i cant go mid week. Does anyone know of any second hand furniture shops on the south side of Dublin that are open at the weekend??

Thanks,
WB

Apologies but I know of no second hand furniture stores except for "dutch furniture stores" which are pretty good for sturdy well made furniture but bulky, although sometimes you can be fortunate.

If you want more info just let me know.

Why not buy and sell if it is for rental
WarrenBuffet said:
Hi,

I am looking to buy some second hand furniture for a rental property.....I did a search there and found this thread:
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=12121&highlight=hand+furniture+dublin

Its very informative.....would be very intereseted to see Buckleys down in Sandycove but unfortunately i cant go mid week. Does anyone know of any second hand furniture shops on the south side of Dublin that are open at the weekend??

Thanks,
WB

I'm sure the buy and seller works for some especially if you are buying a specific named item, but the main drawback for furniture is that you can't see what you're buying till you actually go the home of the seller and then it's not always sutiable for your needs. Spent ages trying to find a house in the back of beyonds last year- when i did find it the furniture i had rang about was in a very poor condition. Wasted about an hour and half on a Saturday morning and just wished i'd slept in instead. I'd personally prefer a good secondhand furniture shop where you can browse and have a choice.

Fair point Thrifty - was thinking of going down the buy and sell route but i decided against for the reasons you mentioned.....

Really am surprised there are so few second hand furniture shops in south dublin...... I lived in london until last Xmas and there used to be loads of them around

Have you tried the local charity shops in the area which are open on Saturdays and can have some good bargains?

If it is for a rental property you are better off buying new , as with your receipts you will be able to claim 20 percent depreciation per year over 5 years against rental income anyway.

Charity Shop in Phibsboro does some for sale, I think it is the St. Vincent De Paul shop, you could ring them to see if they have what you want.

This one is on the Northside in kilbarrack industrial estate not sure of the name but its only a small estate and it opens on saturdays they do new and secondhand sofa's

Back