Sash windows uPVC or timber -- cheapest providers

Lemonsash

Hello,

I would like to replace old PVC windows with sash windows that suit the house better. I would consider uPVC or timber. Unfortunately cost is the overriding concern so I was wondering if anyone could suggest who the cheapest providers are likely to be so I can gather some quotes.

The house is in Dublin and it would only be for three windows at the front of the house, one pane over one pane.

Many thanks.

The cheapest I could find a few years ago for PVC Sash windows were Wright Windows in Westmeath. Worked out fine for me anyway. As far as I know, only a few companies in Ireland make sash windows. One of those companies is based in Northern Ireland and makes the windows wholesale for a lot of the other companies.

Wrights in milltownpass is gone...what ever company you use ensure you visit previous clients to see workmanship and feedback...I got my windows priced reduced years ago as one company used three tilt and turns, false economy unfortunately.

Thanks for your replies. I've been looking at windows in the area and there seems to be quite a range of how the pvc sash windows look -- unless some of the ones I think are pvc are actually timber :)

I didnt know that Wrights were closed. Shame really, they were good to deal with. The windows I got from them are branded "Eurosash" which are apparently manufactured by this lot. http://www.dungannonwindows.co.uk/. According to their website, they only supply to trade, but will give you a list of their approved installers if you get in touch. When I was looking for my windows I noticed that a lot of the showrooms I seen all had the same "Eurosash" windows. Wrights were the cheapest at the time.
Be careful too of what glass you get in your windows. Less energy efficient glass will be much cheaper.

Back