Ryanair "need a hand?" email

I don't recall getting this before.

I don't trust Ryanair. I am worried that if I do check about changing flights that I might find myself unintentionally booted off my actual flight.

I don't recall getting this before.

I don't trust Ryanair. I am worried that if I do check about changing flights that I might find myself unintentionally booted off my actual flight.
Yesterday I went to check in one of children and discovered they were already checked in. I queried this with them and they said they had not checked in, but that they'd gone on the 'app' (I don't use the app). So they 'think' that maybe they must have checked in but were not sure. I warned them not to go looking at the bookings in case they inadvertently get booted off.

For you BB it's the least peak time of year now, so seats are generally more abundant from now until mid December when the Xmas exodus starts.

I did not get that email you got, but I got one about boarding.

@Brendan Burgess out of curiosity, do you have the app installed on your phone? I am wondering if perhaps the email you received is sent to people that don't have the Ryanair app (especially as it asks "Never used a smart phone before?").

It would be nice if Ryanair could let us know during the booking process if we will be flying on a Max plane.

Is it possible to find out before booking?

It would be nice if Ryanair could let us know during the booking process if we will be flying on a Max plane.

Is it possible to find out before booking?
I don't know but if you try to book a seat when buying you might see what the amount of seats and layout of the plane which could give you a clue if they're different from the 'other' planes.

Disclaimer: Ryanair could change planes at any time after you book as witnessed by people who had their seats change due to this previously

After reading the article I wonder how we can chose to fly on the next available older aircraft?
That article is three years old. As far as I am aware, the planes with the issues now are a different model of the 737 MAX.

I presume all O'Leary was saying was if you wanted to wait for the next available non MAX flight, it would be on an older plane, as all their other planes are older.

Haven't heard a peep from Ryanair since the latest issues arose, so I presume they do not have any of the planes affected.

Could be wrong on that one, though.

I did hear something on yesterday's news - Ryanair aren't affected by the current grounding of planes because they use a different 737 max model.

Interesting.

I have been tracking a number of Ryanair routes for prices , schedule changes etc. on my laptop. One of the routes I was tracking had a price drop yesterday so I thought I might purchase. I asked my wife to log in to the Ryanair website on her laptop and have a look at the dates and prices for the same route.
Ryanair was showing her different prices to me. My prices were lower. Ryanair cookies were working in my favour.

Something else I noticed. I recently purchased priority boarding to Spain from Dublin. The outward price for priority was lower than the inward price for priority. I wonder were they getting back the lower price on the fare side by upping the priority price?

It's part of Ryanair's excellent customer service.

They aim to go the extra mile to ensure an enjoyable and comfortable flying experience for all passengers.

Here is a list of the many in flight offerings which passengers might need a hand with.

Back