Ryanair EU261 refund - anyone had success?

I'm interested in this topic and a little disappointed to see how quickly noregretscoyote got refunded via the regulator as I am waiting months for a response from the regulator.

The situation with us was re delayed flights in April, fault identified after boarding and we had to disembark from plane and get on a new plane around an hour later.

Then we couldn't land because of bad weather at our destination but another flight that had left dublin about 20 mins after we were originally supposed to have departed, landed safely in our original destination with no adverse weather. The flight when we finally got going was really bad and very frightening and it just tipped over into the 3 hour delay. We were also at Stansted instead of Gatwick so had a massive hike to get to our destination and got there at 6.30pm when we had booked a 10am flight.

Ryanair denied the claim on the basis of it being adverse weather and I appealed to the regulator in April citing that had we left on the original plane,we wouldn't have been diverted etc i included screenshot of the other flights flight path and that it landed safely in the same time window we should have landed.

I haven't had any update since. The regulators auto reply says don't call us, we'll call you and have a large number of claims dealt with on date basis etc etc. I'd love the few bob back but maybe i should continue being patient!!! If I hear anything more, I'll update.

Just updating, today we got communication from Ryanair that they were refunding us our expenses and settling the claim for 1000eur for our flight in April. Definitely worth being patient and going via IAA - took 6 months in all from complaint to iaa to resolution.

The iaa also rang me and confirmed it was a legitimate communication from ryanair. They will keep the case open until the money is paid and then will close it. Couldn't come at a better time coming up to mid term so we are absolutely delighted and want to do something nice for ourselves with it.

@Fouryears, that's great news, well done, thanks for getting back with the update which will encourage others here to stick with their complaints and, hopefully get their refunds.

The IAA seem to have helped a lot too.

Back