Ryanair deducting baggage fee from refund

Janome65

Hi there. So, Ryanair have rescheduled a flight from early morning to late afternoon. As it's 5 hours + I was offered a flight the day before or after or a refund. I chose the refund. When it came in, it was €40 under what I paid for the flight and baggage. I queried this and after the runaround was told 'We note that the missing 39.99 EUR covers cost of Leisure Plus tariff for outbound flight.' This 'Leisure Plus' is one of the choose your fare options, it includes a 20kg bag and free airport check-in.

They are flat out refusing to refund this, and also refusing, after several requests, to show me where in the T&Cs it says that this fee is non-refundable (keeping in mind the flight change is 100% on their side). I am beyond frustrated with this, especially since I paid the same fee for the rebooked flight before being aware of this, so it could very well happen again with all the flight disruptions. I cannot for the life of me understand how they can justify it.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same and had any luck pursuing it. I'm like a dog with a bone at this stage! Thanks. :)

Hi there. So, Ryanair have rescheduled a flight from early morning to late afternoon. As it's 5 hours + I was offered a flight the day before or after or a refund. I chose the refund. When it came in, it was €40 under what I paid for the flight and baggage. I queried this and after the runaround was told 'We note that the missing 39.99 EUR covers cost of Leisure Plus tariff for outbound flight.' This 'Leisure Plus' is one of the choose your fare options, it includes a 20kg bag and free airport check-in.
They are absolutely a horrible company to deal with in my long experience of doing business with them.

They are flat out refusing to refund this, and also refusing, after several requests, to show me where in the T&Cs it says that this fee is non-refundable (keeping in mind the flight change is 100% on their side)
......and they have the nerve to post this on their website....

Also from the Ryanair website:-

If you believe your refund request was unfairly refused, you can take your complaint to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) service. Please click here for further details.

Back