Ryanair boss Michael O’Leary on course for €100m bonus

How taxable is the bonus if it comes in Ryanair share options?

Under a bonus scheme agreed in 2019, Mr O’Leary can earn share options worth around €100 million if the airline’s share price hits €21 for 28 days, or it reports €2.2 billion in annual profits after tax. The payout would be one of the biggest in corporate European history, and see Mr O’Leary granted the options to buy 10 million shares at €11.12 each.

Over 300 Irish employees, it pays it's corporation tax here and it's opened up travel into and out of the country for holiday makers and for the emigrants and immigrants who have helped turn this into one of the most successful countries in the world.

I recall living in the UK pre Ryanair. Every Jan I would have been down the travel agents booking for next Christmas on Aer Lingus and paying the modern equivalent of a transatlantic price + for the privilege.

I know Ryanair can be a tiresome boar and their customer service sucks, but they changed the world for emigrants and I thank them wholeheartedly for that

I recall living in the UK pre Ryanair. Every Jan I would have been down the travel agents booking for next Christmas on Aer Lingus and paying the modern equivalent of a transatlantic price + for the privilege.

I know Ryanair can be a tiresome boar and their customer service sucks, but they changed the world for emigrants and I thank them wholeheartedly for that
For all the negative 'press' Ryanair get they are my No 1 . I have used them many many times and never had any problems because I do what I know they want me to do. Don't rock the boat ....or plane in this case. I use Aer Lingus too but because of price difference I use Ryanair 90 per cent of the time.
Once on board any plane there is no great difference....in my opinion.

Until recently, MOL basic pay was 500k, with a possible bonus of max 100% of salary.

1703161365913.png

During COVID, the FY 2021, he agreed to halve his base pay to 250k, with no bonus.

The formula for the bonus is below:

1703161476539.png

From FY 2024, the base pay will increase from 500k to 1.2m, but the max bonus will fall from 100% to 50%.

Also, MOL does not get any pension benefits from Ryanair.

Back