Running a business with BTWEA support and working?

rachel101

Hi All,

I am in receipt of BTWEA and have a company set up. Business is ok, only a couple of months up and running,so I still have high hopes! I am using my savings to fund the business and these are running low to say the least. I don't want to give up on the company this early in the game just because of finances so I have started to look for employment.

My husband is a dependant on my allowance and he is also looking for a job as we have 3 kids and it's getting very hard to manage on the allowance alone.

I was looking at the welfare site regarding spousal swap and I am a bit confused. Our idea was that if I get a job then I would transfer the allowance to him, if he gets a job then we would leave the allowance as it is (in my name). Whoever the allowance is allocated to will continue to run the company and we would use the wages coming in to supplement our allowance and to buy stock etc. Is this allowed under the spousal swap or is it just allowed if it was the case that one person wanted to take over the running of the company but both people were still essentially unemployed?

It also mentions credits, that whoever isn't the named person on the allowance should sign on for credits to keep them up to date. Nothing was mentioned to me about this when I applied - should my husband be signing on for credits and if so can you get them back dated?

Any advice or suggestions very welcome!

Thanks in advance

Rachel

Back