rover 400

efm said:
Bullsh1t....a number of people in this post have given concrete examples of failures with Rover cars - the issue with Rover K Series engines blowing Head Gaskets is well known in the industry and is down to the incorrect materials being used in the manufactoring of the engine head - Despite 1,000's of examples of engines blowing Rover never admitted the fault lay in their design.

Actually, there was nothing wrong with the head gasket. The problem was the gasket on the inlet manifold that would leak water. It was a very cheap repair if done in time and other than that they are a cracking engine. I think that Rover rectified this problem in late '98.

I had a '97 414 for 4 years, and apart from a broken fuel pump, it gave 120k miles of troublefree motoring.

If you get a Rover cheap, and are not worried about trading in, you will get a bargain.

Actually, there was nothing wrong with the head gasket. The problem was the gasket on the inlet manifold that would leak water. It was a very cheap repair if done in time and other than that they are a cracking engine. I think that Rover rectified this problem in late '98.

Whereas I hate to disagree with a fellow AAM poster........I disagree with you !

If you do a bit of research on the net you will find countless examples of Land Rover K series engines blowing head gaskets well past 1998; and the reason they blow is not that the inlet manifold leaks but because a faulty design of a termostat allowed a rush of cold water into the head which cracked the seal.

anyone have any ideas on a 1998 rover 400, first taxed in 03/98 (assumed not imported used), if this will have a honda engine, seems to be the make or break- had a good search around with nothing substancial any links more than welcome

does the same overall bad assessment apply to a 98Rover 600? (honda engine I think?)

Roxymusic

roxymusic said:
does the same overall bad assessment apply to a 98Rover 600? (honda engine I think?)

Roxymusic

A 600 with a Honda engine is the same as a Honda Accord of the same year should be hassle free and better still very cheap to buy.

[broken link removed]

Good Luck ;)

Back