Rockingham / Leixlip / Schools

J

JavMasterJ

Hi Everybody,

Wondering if any readers out there live or know of an estate called rockingham in leixlip. We passed it during some house hunting at the weekend and it looks very close to the station, houses also look very nice. Few questions for anybody that knows the area:

(1) How close is that estate to the local primary schools?
(2) By the looks of it the rail line goes behind the estate - any noise to worry about
(3) Any idea how much the houses are going for in the estate - none for sale at the moment that we can gauge prices from.

Many thanks for any information!

Rockingham is probably one of the best estates in leixlip, all houses are detached and big! My boyfriend used to live there, no noise from railway line but he was living in a house nearer the road. No road noise. Primary schools are very close, there are two or three within 5 mins walking distance - literally just across the road. I was up there yesterday and I saw a for sale sign in one of the gardens on the front row - it was a remax sign and i notice it's not on myhome so you might check remax's own website - i can imagine they are very expensive!

As mentioned it is a very nice estate, the train station is a short walk but I don't think you would have much problem with noise, there is also a bus stop for the 66 just outside the estate. Primary and secondary schools and the village are all within walking distance. They rarely come on the market which is a sure sign people like living there. If I had to guess a 4 bed in Rockingham would be around the 500k mark at least. The next estate down (Ryevale) is very nice aswell, older houses, closer to the village but some of them are very big, there is one on myhome at the moment (and no it's not mine before anyone asks!!).

Back