Riverside Cottages, Templeogue

INYWIFNW

Hi,

I’m looking at a new build house on the small road into Riverside Cottages in Templeogue, D6W. Tolmac are the builders. Does anyone know much about the area or the development? Thanks.

Pros: A-rated, has a decent-sized driveway (unlike a lot of other new builds), very long back garden (circa 90 ft), nice layout, easily walkable to village/schools/tennis club/pubs and shops/15 bus route/Bushy Park/across bridge via Dodder Greenway to Rathfarnham.

Cons: Orientation not great, overlooking The Morgue pub car park, floodlights from tennis club no more than 50m from your front door, beside a new development of 8 apartments for assisted living for older people.

Flood risk assessment including the area.

I lived beside a river for a long time, never had a problem, but people close to me did, a little up stream from me - every time there was heavy rain, I'd consider it.

I started to get questions when getting insurance. It was something I've been conscious since. I think that they're very strict on how far you can be from water before its starts getting difficult to get insurance. It might be high enough there not to be a serious risk - planning might allow it, but still might be difficult to insurce.

Are the pigs gone at this stage? There used to be an awful bang off the place particularly in the summer which made the beer garden in The Morgue a horrible experience on a sunny day !

Thanks for all the replies.

I think - think - it’s fine from a flood perspective. It’s up a good bit from the Dodder itself and, having looked at the planning documents, the developer seems to have been put through the wringer on the flood protection side of things. I’m also of the view that if the insurance company will insure including flood risk, it must be okay. We’d walk away if no flood insurance.

Re the pigs - that worries me a bit! I must ask around and see what the story is.

Thanks again

I wouldn't be concerned about the dodder on a negative - it's well set back.

Yep, negatives are tennis club and morgue pub, but you could see these as positives too.

Always a good village feel to Templeogue and you are literally walking distance to the dodder linear park, the village, a great tennis club, decent restaurants, decent pub and tons of public transport. If you have kids, schools are a short walk away.

Rear garden nicely secluded and easy to shut out the village/ tennis club when in the back.

I can't see the tennis club ever being sold for development either.

I'd see the age assisted apartments as a positive.

You can also walk across the dodder bridge and you are on the linear path - brilliant amenity. And it leads to the rathfarnham sc (, Tesco/ dealz etc ) and the old orchard.

Personally, if I were to move back to Dublin, I'd love to live there.

I'd send tolmac a link to this response and request commission

Back