Revolt card problems

Carnmore

Has anyone had problems with their Revolut card making Amazon payments?

I always top up my Revolut account by the amount of an Amazon order before placing the order. Recently I did this and the payment was shown as 'pending' but then Amazon attempted to take the payment as two separate amounts, each of which was declined due to insufficient funds, so I had to top up the Revolut account to cover these payments.

Apparently Revolut can not split payments so the original pending payment should have expired and then appear as a credit balance on my account but it has just disappeared.

I've been on to Revolut to explain this and can show the top ups but there's no record of the original single payment. They've referred me to Amazon but Amazon have only taken the split payments.

Therefore I have paid double the cost of the order due to the original Amazon payment being 'lost' on the Revolt account and having to make top up transfers to cover the payments.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
PayPal. Link your bank account to it and transfer funds to it as and when you need them.

You can also link a debit card to PayPal if you don't have a credit card.

----------------------------------------
Disregard the above ... I forgot you have to link to a credit card so the above won't work. They don't accept payment via Paypal.

And as far as I can see, you can link a debit card but only if it's a UK one.

Last edited:
PayPal. Link your bank account to it and transfer funds to it as and when you need them.

You can also link a debit card to PayPal if you don't have a credit card.

----------------------------------------
Disregard the above ... I forgot you have to link to a credit card so the above won't work. They don't accept payment via Paypal.

And as far as I can see, you can link a debit card but only if it's a UK one.

I don't understand the relevance of your reply to my post.

The issue is I've had to effectively pay double due to the additional top ups

I don't understand the relevance of your reply to my post.

I was offering an alternative as I use Paypal extensively and I buy through Amazon also.

I didn't realise that I didn't pay using PalPal but through my linked credit card.

I was responding to your request for 'suggestions' ...

I could have deleted the text of my post when I realised that PayPal wasn't relevant but thought that an addendum might be better.

Re. the Revolut card ... just one ... keep it well topped up before your purchase. Top ups can take time to be credited so allow for that. The same happens with PayPal ... it takes a day or two for transfers to go through and settle in the account.

You'll have to chalk this one up to experience.

?

Payments have gone missing, as per my post

Perhaps it's working as a 'ghost transaction' at the moment and will return to your account in due course.

I've seen it happening to cashless transactions I've made when the reader has had problems but it looked as if I'd paid a number of times ... money left account but reappeared within a few days.

Anybody having problems with Revolut card at the moment? I discovered my card was blocked when Amazon declined an order. Have been trying since Thursday last to get a response from Revolut support? Plenty of money in the account.

No issue with the card. You can disable it through the app. Has the card been inadvertantly disabled ? Can you enable it again through the app ?

Thanks, Demoivre. Eventually got a reply from Revolut support (after 3 days!) to say they had blocked the card because they noticed suspicious activity on it. No further details. Card now unblocked. Not too happy with this as I could have been stuck abroad somewhere without access to my Revolut funds.

I've had my Revolut card blocked previously, for not using it in accordance with the Ts&Cs. All I use it for is Amazon, nothing else! It took a few days to get a response and the card unblocked. They never explained what T or C I had contravened.

Back