REsidents Assoc dumping outside our property

T

Tea & Coffee

OUr residents assoc maintains a large green area behind our house. They have employed a gardener ( in the last 2 years a new company is being used- a guy who happens to live on the estate- owns a landscape co)

The grass is cut and the cuttings are dumped outside our perimeter wall at the back (which backs onto the green area) (like a compost heap). This is rotting and causing flies in our garden and is quite high too- so could be used to climb into our garden.

Our next door neighbour said it to the residents assoc rep and was told that " to dump it at the other end of the green would mean further for my staff to walk" ?!?! (hearsay in fairness)

Do we have any recourse in relation to this? I had noticed the flies but didnt make the connection - they are gross, cant sit out in back garden
due to them.

The Residents Association is bigger than one person. Write a letter, politely but firmly asking that they refrain from having "their staff" dumping the grass outside your wall. (must admit, I've never head of an RA refer to the landscaper as staff before, but whatever rocks their boat!!) If you can, suggest an alterntative that might be useful. Make lots of noise about Health and Safety issues - the flies etc. Tell them about the conversation with the rep and point out that as a resident of the complex you have as much right as everyone else to the peaceful enjoyment of such.

Just be mindful that these people are your neighbours so a polite and firm letter might solve things without having to threaten or resort to anything more legal.

Back