[Req] Where to find 2nd hand lawnmower part?

FrCrilly

Hi All,

Around 6 years ago, I bought a lawnmower for €500. The body of it has now rusted, so much so that it has broken it in two (the section containing the 2 front wheels has fallen off). I've asked a welder friend if it is viable to weld it back together however he says it's not. A brand new body will cost €250 which I would be able to attach to the engine by myself. The person who sold it to me suggests it's more viable to trade it in for a new one. However, I think this advise is bias to suit his interests.

Can anyone think of anything I can do to get this cost down. Is there such a thing as a lawnmower distmantler the same way as there are car distmantlers. I already intend to put a wanted ad in the buy and sell for the same type of lawnmower which I can use for parts. Is there anything else I can do? The lawnmower has a good engine. Is it possible to attach it to another lawnmower make or model if I can't find the make and model that I'm looking for (see make and model below)?

A lot of questions, but if you can think of something that I can't, feel free to suggest it.

Thanks In Advance for all responses

Lawnmower
Make: Honda
Model: HRG 536c
Code: MZCG6015000
Year: 1998
Other: LWA100, 3.5kW, 36.2KG, 2900min.

could try ebay,, but i think it owes you nothing at this stage,, less than a 100 euro a year,, or else buy a second hand one ,, at least then you have a spare engine,, most old bodys rust so try an aluminium body next time

Our lawnmower would be similar to yours both in age and spec. We have agreed recently that it has seen better days and needs to be replaced. IMHO like the previous poster I feel you would be throwing good money away by investing more into it.

Agree with previous posters. Not cost efective to repair.
Last week saw 4HP petrol mowers in Lidl for 285€, new.

Back