Renting out an apartment

LonseaLM

This is very early doors so I'm still working my way through the options. Basically I'm currently renting an apartment and likely will buy a one bed apartment in the coming months. For personal reasons I want to continue renting for a year then move into my owned one bed.

Obviously in an ideal world, I'd rent the one bed for a 12 month fixed lease but that's not possible. As the tenants can overstay and it can get messy.

I was then considering putting it up on Airbnb. But it seems like since the apartment is in a RPZ this is no longer permitted?

Is there any company that would basically do monthly/quarterly/<6 month rentals ideally corporate.

I really don't want to leave the one bed empty for a year but it's starting to look like the easiest option which is a joke.

Twice six months with change of tenants could be possible as tenants can be ask to leave without reason before six months. Though I'm not sure it is worth the risk or the hassle.
If the apartment you are buying was previously rented (in the last 2 years) you will be limited to the rent you can charge (rpz zone rules).

I would really think about what stops you from moving into your bought property before planning to rent. If you haven't bought yet, the process in itself takes a while so are you sure you will need to live somewhere else for a year?

It will likely be 9 months all said and done being vacant at a minimum.

I suppose I'm just looking for options. At the moment th best case appears to be leave it empty which is a ludicrous place for the market to be

Could you offer it on a house swap website to earn points towards a future holiday? Or see if you can find someone who genuinely only wants a v short term rental like a rotating hospital doctor or someone here on an internship/short term business assignment?

This is very early doors so I'm still working my way through the options. Basically I'm currently renting an apartment and likely will buy a one bed apartment in the coming months. For personal reasons I want to continue renting for a year then move into my owned one bed.

Obviously in an ideal world, I'd rent the one bed for a 12 month fixed lease but that's not possible. As the tenants can overstay and it can get messy.

I was then considering putting it up on Airbnb. But it seems like since the apartment is in a RPZ this is no longer permitted?

Is there any company that would basically do monthly/quarterly/<6 month rentals ideally corporate.

I really don't want to leave the one bed empty for a year but it's starting to look like the easiest option which is a joke.

You can Air bnb it for 90 days a year in a RPZ without applying for a change in planning.

Also I know people Airbnb'ing (I know that's not a real word ) in RPZ for well over the 90 days and its not checked or enforced.

If it was me I'd airbnb it for the 90 days.

I'd just double check to make sure I'm correct but I'm fairly sure that's the case with the 90 days. 90 days could be 10k depending.

Back