Rental Income for Mortgage

Brian1980

Hi, my wife and I earn combined income of €90,000 we have additional rental income of €27,000 per year. Does anyone know what percentage of the rental income can be used to apply for a Mortgage? Thank you

It's probably worth doing a moneymakeover when you are making such big financial and life moves.

If you have a rental property, it would usually make sense to sell it when buying a new home.

Brendan

How much is the home you want to buy?
What deposit do you have?
How much are the rental properties worth?
How much have you got in your pension fund?

Brendan

Hi, my wife and I earn combined income of €90,000 we have additional rental income of €27,000 per year. Does anyone know what percentage of the rental income can be used to apply for a Mortgage? Thank you
It depends on the bank. Bank of Ireland has a does not take rental income into account, while I believe AIB will.

How much is the home you want to buy?
What deposit do you have?
How much are the rental properties worth?
How much have you got in your pension fund?

Brendan
Hi,
We have savings of €300k, our current home is worth €250k which we will sell, we have a combined pension of €120k which will be €500k on retirement. Rental properties are work €900k. We would like to borrow €350k

So you will have €1.8m in properties.

Way too concentrated.

Or are you borrowing the €350k with a view to clearing it from the subsequent sale of your home.

In any event, you are way too concentrated.

Sell some of the properties. And stuff your pension funds. And diversify into the stockmarket via your pension fund.

Brendan

Back