Health Insurance Renewal Laya Flex250 Explore

Magheralane

Good evening
We are a couple in our mid 60s. Our current health plan Laya Flex250 Explore is due for renewal at the beginning of Feb 2017 and are looking at our options. I recently suffered a stroke but should make a full recovery. I may also need some surgery on a knee. We would be grateful for any advice as it is not easy to compare the various suppliers. Regards

Magheralane,

The following 2 alternative Laya options are worth considering;

1. Flex 175 Explore; price 953pa; same hospital as before, lower excess
2. Control 300 Create; price 972pa; same hospital cover as before, excess 300 per private admission, extra cover for a private room in a private
hospital, very good day to day cover, no waiting applies, 80 refund per consultant visit, 30 refund per gp visit etc.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Many thanks Snowyb. If cover is at least as important as price are we missing anything major with these policies? Regards

The hospital cover is the same as Flex 250 Explore, no loss there. The difference relates to the excess amount which is only payable if you are
admitted to a private or hi-tech hospitals or if you have a day case procedure in a private or hi-tech hospital. There is no excess payable in
any public hospital.
With Flex 250 Explore, the excess payable would be 250 per admission for a stay or 100 for a day case procedure.
Flex 175 Explore, there is a lower excess of 175 per admission for a stay or 75 per day case.
Control 300 Create, the excess is higher at 300 per admission for a stay or 125 per day case.

The reason I included Control 300 Create is because it has extra day to day cover for gp visits, consultant visits, dental etc. Also it covers a private
room in a private hospital.

Both plans are cheaper in price.

So overall there is nothing major missing with these policies, with a few extras thrown in.

Regards, Snowyb

Many thanks Snowyb for all your help and answers to the many questions you respond to on this forum.
We finally went with Laya Control 300

Back