Renewal health insurance

selkie66

Hi,
Would appreciate some advice on the best option for myself and three kids, age 14, 13 and 11. Currently, I am with Irish Life Health on Select More and the children are on Nurture Plan. Our policies are due for renewal on 2nd Dec and after reading through alot of the posts here am thinking I would be better switching to a different plan. I have no medical issues nor do the children. I was wondering if Benefit 2 would be better value for me and leave the kids in Nurture Plan. Am open to any suggestions. Also do not mind switching provider. Day to day expenses with GP etc are nominal in our case.
Thank You!

Hi selkie66,

Welcome to AAM. Yes, you have it figured out correctly. Once your happy enough with the selected list of public and private hospitals on
Benefit 2 plan, it is a very good option, pricewise. If you wanted to cover the full list of public and private hospitals - Benefit plan @ price 899
is an option. Nurture Plan for the children is perfect for the children.
Total price; 789 + 480 = 1269pa.

Laya;
The next best option is Laya Essential Health 300 @ price 895 which also covers all the public and private hospitals.
For the children, in order to avail of the special offer on Essential Health 300, which applies from 15th December 2018, you could put them on
Control 300 Create just for December(price reduction from 1/12/2018) and then switch from January to Essential Health 300.
11 months x 19.50 = 215 + 64 x 1 month = 279 total childrens price.
Total price; 279 + 895 = 1174 + 3% charge if you pay by installments = 1207.

Essential Health 300; price 895 per adult; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered, private hospital excess 300 x 2 max per year for all
admissions and 125 per day case procedure. Limited day to day cover.
The special offer for children applies from 15th December 2018, whereby you pay for the first child and the rest are free. Price 234 full year.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Snowyb,
Thank you so much for replying. I will go through your suggestions before making a decision. I really appreciate your advice and the trouble you go to in helping us negotiate the health insurance conundrum.

Back