Health Insurance Renewal advice

onway

I am currently on Glo Better plan but as the cost has gone up I would like to change.
I was advised to go with Glo Net Most 100 but am wary of this due to lower cardiac cover. I do not have cardiac issues but other plans at similar price have some cardiac cover.

I have also looked at VHI PMI 37 13 and Laya Flex 175 Explore.
Any advice ?

Ideally I would like to spend under €1000.

Hi onway,

Plans VHI PMI 37 13 and Laya Flex 175 Explore are both good plans worth considering.
The only other alternatives would have an excess of 250, which may or may not suit.
Laya Flex 250 Explore or Laya Flex 250 Plus. Details as follows;

[broken link removed]

Regards Snowyb

Thank you Snowyb.

I was also looking at Laya Simply Connect . Am I correct in thinking that I can get a 50% refund on my GP visits with a €1 excess or am I misunderstanding this ?

Yes, you're correct about 50% refund for GP visits, 1 euro excess. Just to note, there is a 300 limit re claiming for all out-patient expenses
on this plan per year. X-rays, ultrasounds etc are included in this restricted amount of 300. MRIs, CT and PET-CT are fully covered and are not
part of this 300 restriction.

This is just something to be aware of, it is not necessarily a negative as it is better than a plan with a 300 outpatient excess.

I didn't mention this plan in previous post as you already mentioned Flex 175 Explore which was cheaper, so I figured you were looking for best priced plans.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks again Snowyb.

Can I just ask - I would be happy to pay the €999 for Simply Connect if it was preferable over the €899 for Flex 175 Explore.Do you think it is worth the extra €100 ?

The main difference between these two plans is outpatient cover. So the extra 100 euro allows you to claim back 300 max expenses. In reality
that would be 50% of 600 expenses. The inpatient and day case excess amounts are slightly lower on Simply Connect. The hi-tech hospital day case excess of 50euro is very good value. Unless you normally had expenses at that level or used the day case regularly, it may not be worth the extra 100. You could use this 100 towards gp visits instead.

Regards, Snowyb

Back