VHI Renewal Advice - Stay or Move

CailinNua

We recently received our renewal and I'm exploring options but my head is melted to say the least.

We have been with VHI for 10 years+
2 adults and 2 children requiring cover. Currently only 1 child on the policy so need to cover the other one too.
Adults - VHI Company Plan €1058
Child - One plus plan (I think)

I don't have the renewal letter with me but the adult plan is certainly correct.

I don't need day to day expenses and my only concern is that my husband has seen an orthopaedic surgeon twice this year for a shoulder injury and may possibly require surgery. He hasn't decided if he wants to proceed or not.

Am I better staying where I am given the above situation or are other providers that I'm looking at worth it? Indeed could I take a less expensive plan with VHI?

Thanks

Hi CailinNua,

Just to clarify, what is your renewal date?

Alternative ADULT option with VHI as follows;
1. Plan PMI 40 15; price 1009pa; same hospital cover as before, cheaper price.
[broken link removed]

Alternative ADULT option with Laya Healthcare as follows;
1. Simply Connect; price 1063pa; better hospital cover as before( includes full hi-tech cover ) max private hospital excess 150 x 2 per year,
good day to day cover - max refund 300 per person.
[broken link removed]

If your husband switched to Simply Connect, the extra hi-tech cover would not apply to his pre-existing shoulder condition for 2 yrs, so the main
advantage of this plan is claiming for consultant visits, gp, physio etc - subject to a max refund 50% of 600 = 300. Note; the private hospital
excess with this plan is 150 per first 2 admissions, 50 per day case, something to keep in mind if considering this plan.

Alternative CHILD options with VHI and LAYA as follows;
1. VHI PMI 12 11; price 208pa; same hospital cover as before.
2. VHI PMI 11 11; price 225pa; same hospital cover as before, good day to day cover - first 50 not allowed.
3. LAYA Simply Connect; price 252pa; same hospital cover as before, good day to day cover - max refund per year 300.

[broken link removed]

Your husband could stay with VHI and yourself and the children could switch to Laya if you choose. The one advantage of Laya Healthcare is,
they allow you to change to any other Laya plan mid-year. So if a cheaper plan or a good value children's offer comes about, you can switch
at any time, no problem. VHI don't allow that kind of flexibility.

Regards, Snowyb

Back