Laya Renewal advice - should I stay or should I go...

Mona G

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on renewals for me and my partner.

I am on the Laya Flex 500 Plus which is due for renewal 1/8/2016.

My partner is on the Laya Essential Assist which is due for renewal 1/11/2016.

I am 42 and he is 37. We have no dependands. Both healthy (fingers crossed...), non-smoking. No maternity cover needed.

My renewal letter shows increase in premium price... Just wondering - should I stay on this plan or are there similar/ better plans out there at a smilar price?

My partner is looking for a better cover for a similar price if possible.

Any thoughts or advice will be most appreciated.

Hi Mona G,

Welcome to AAM. For yourself, there are 2 alternative options worth considering, hospital cover the same but day to day reduced.
Details as follows;
1. Flex 500 Explore; price 721pa. Same hospital cover as before, 500 private/hi-tech excess, reduced day to day cover.

2. Flex 375 Explore; price 822pa. Same hospital cover as before, 375 private/hi-tech excess, reduced day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

For your partner, there are 3 alternative plans with better cover at a similar price to consider.
Details as follows;
1. Advantage 500 Explore; price 667pa; public and selected private hospitals covered, 500 private hospital excess.

2. Flex 500 Explore; price 721pa; all public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, 500 private/hi-tech excess.

3. Glohealth Kick Off Plan; price 511pa; just public hospital cover, but this plan has a unique feature where you can upgrade to a private plan
covering private hospitals, outside of renewal date with no upgrade waiting time applied.

[broken link removed]

It is too early to finalise decisions for a November renewal date as there may be price changes or new plans launched in the meantime.
The above are a few suggestions to keep in mind.

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,

Thank you so much for the welcome and all your help! I will check the plans you suggested.

Have a good day.

Kind regards,

Mona

Hi Snowyb,

I have switched to Flex 500 Explore and saved over €130 in the process!

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Mona

Hi Snowyb, this is Mona again.

May I ask your advice again please on the policy renewal for my partner. Are the options you suggested in July still worth considering?

Kind regards,

Mona

Mona G,

Yes, the plans are still worth considering and the prices have not changed since.
There are no new plans on the market since that date.

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you so much for all your help Snowyb! Most appreciated.

All the best, Mona

Back