Laya Renewal advice - currently have Essential Connect Family with Laya

E cork

Hi All.
Our current scheme - Essential Connect Family is up for renewal on 1/8/16. I have spent hours trying to find a similar plan with cover for physio etc. We are two seniors.
I have looked at Control 300 create - Bloom plus plan - Simplicity plan, but am confused!
When I called Laya they recommended Simply connect, but as far as I can recall their is a cap of €300 on claims & I have spent €1500 on consultants fees already this year & €300 excess on overnight stay.
The following is what I would want,
Access to Mater private & Bons Secours Cork - semi private or private.
Lower excess on outpatients charge - could live with once off inpatient excess of €300 with current plan.
Consultants cover - percentage of cost rather than a fixed rate. ( Outpatients)
Some cover for physio/ hearing /optical & dental. Physio being the most important.

Cost is also a factor. Renewal coming in at €2240.
If I could keep the cost of plan to €2000 or less it would be great.
Spouse covered by medical card for GP & public hospitals but he has a long term illness which necessitates some private visits.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

E cork,

The nearest alternative option which would tick all the boxes on your list is Laya Simplicity Plan. The only thing is price, it is the same price as
your current plan, but it has a lot of extras. The extras include a max inpatient excess per year 100 x 2 in a private or hi-tech hospital, full cover
for a private room in a private hospital, good day to day cover - the first 100 not allowed.

The only way to save money overall is if you switch to Simplicity and your husband switch to Bloom Plus.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

E cork,

Hi Snowyb,
As a result of your advice, I had another look at the Laya Simplicity plan, and while it isn't cheaper, I will ultimately save as the benefits are better. Decided to sign up for spouse also as there wasn't a big difference in price between Bloom plus & Simplicity & I'd prefer not to have the hassle of having two different plans.
Many thanks & hopefully you won't hear from me again till renewal next year!

Best Regards
E

Back