Renault Scenic

i to rented one while on holiday in spain and i did really feel it was a great car... lack a bit of punch in the engine department.

I have also driven a toyota pinic which would be suitable...has three rows of seats and is a nice drive (but have heard it is quite heavy on the petrol compared to other faily cars?)

best of luck!!!!!

Well after a bit of looking around...

My wife finally purchased a 99 Scenic with 58K on the clock. Got a good price and managed to get a 6 months warranty which is quite good for a 6 year old car of that year. Had my uncle (mechanic) check it out and am going to bring it in for a full check (RAC probably) before the 6 months are up, 120 quid well spent in my mind!

A lot of second-hand cars out there at the moment including quite a lot that are quite suspect. Some words of advice if you are buying
- Get the car checked out.
- Get some sort of a warranty and have the car fully checked within the warranty period.
- Arrive at a garage un-announced (i.e. don't ring in advance and tell then you'll be taking a certain car out for a test-drive). At one garage which will remain nameless, we popped in one evening to take a car out that we'd seen in the paper. The salesman struggled to get the car started (said that it had been lying up for a couple of weeks) and when I took it out on the road, the speedo wasn't working nor was it clocking the miles. It looked a nice clean car and the price was good but we made our excuses and said goodbye....

re: 99 or 04 Scenic?

Hi,

A garage (with whom I have a family connection, not a Renault dealer, but a dealer in another make) have offered me a 99 Renault Scenic with 64K on the clock for 7,000 euro. However, they have just got in a 04 Renault Scenic with 9K on the clock and I can have it for 18,600. Both are 1.4 models with Sunroofs which is exactly what I want.

To me the 04 car seem the better value. A rough calculation - if I get rid of either car when it's 10 years old, the 99 model will have cost me 1.75K per year, the 04 will cost me 2.06K per year. The latter seems much better value for a newer car and a newer model.

However, does anyone know of a site where I can get good depreciation stats?

Rgds, Ngirl

Dont buy one, you will not be able to get rid of it in a few years

Okay, we've got the message from your previous thread but your statement above is simply not true
Of course you will be able to move on a Scenic but at a high depreciation similar to other makes of car.
There are a serious amount of Scenics on the roads so all those Scenic owners (myself included) cannot all be wrong, you need to learn your lesson, the situation you are in was very predictable before you purchased your car and you simply made a bad purchase, if you had researched depreciation values on the 1.4 Scenic then parhaps you would not have bought a Scenic from new.
There is more to car purchasing than the cost

Back