Renault Megane water sound

Discussion in 'Cars, cycling and transport' started by Scouser, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Scouser

Scouser Frequent Poster

The wifes Magene (2003) sounds like it has running water behind the dash, this happens when turning corners, you get a water gurgling sound from behind the air vents, any ideas what it couls be? had a look under the hood and cant see anyting obvious, air con maybe?

X.

2. Towger

Towger Frequent Poster

Re: Renault Meagne water sound

Also look in the compartments in the floor. There are a number of drain holes in the pillers for the sun roof, check they are not blocked.

3. Scouser

Scouser Frequent Poster

The driver side compartment is fairly damp, where exactly are those drain holes? It doesnt have a sunroof.

X.

4. Brian76

Brian76 Registered User

Do you have any problems getting heat from your car heater? Meganes are renowned for trouble with the heater matrix.

5. Scouser

Scouser Frequent Poster

nope, the heater is working fine.

6. rob30

rob30 Frequent Poster

i had those 2 exact problems with my megane hatchback
    1) sloshing sound in dash, by passenger foot well. This is a normal sound and something to do with the construction.

2 I noticed my maps in the side storage units, and the floor storage units were wet. there is a seal problem with the door. The garage fixed it for free. This was a common problem and the garage knew exactly what I was talking about ( In wales).