Remortgaging - CC late payments

gotsomenow

Hi All

Just wondering if any of you could advise. I have a balance outstanding on my Credit Card and have been making payments (monthly) over my internet banking. Stupidly I presumed it wouldn't take any longer to transfer to MBNA and be the same as paying my ESB/Banks transfers. I found out today that I have had 3 late charges on my account, over the last few months (silly me hadn't been opening my statements as I wasn't using the card and knew my balance. I was late a day or so in each case.

I am totally stressing out over this now, as I am remortgaging next month and have to provide all my loan statements etc. I have 2 other loans and my mortgage which are in perfect order. I am also changing banks from my current mortgage lender if that makes a difference.

Am I destined to be refused now?

THanks

G

You could request your ICB file to see if these late payments have been recorded. If I recall correctly MBNA tend to report late payments to ICB quicker and more systematically than others. If the late payments are recorded then this may or may not impact your borrowing situation.

Clubman is correct MBNA are known for recording missed payments very promptly on the ICB. I suppose if the missed payments are appearing on your ICB you could explain this to your mortgage broker before any applications are put in. All your other loans/mortgage are in order so your explanation as to why the payments were late could help. Luckily its a remortgage which (as far as i know) is easier to get approval for than a first mortgage. Best of luck with it hope it works out.

Back