RELEIF from prsa

deco87

hi.
I claim relief for a prsa / avc ( public servant) on a yearly basis.
I sent in my PRSA 2 cert recently and now I see that I have been given a
balancing statement now showing that the PRSA /AVC allowance has been included
in my balancing statement.

This is for the year 2015. I wonder will this mean that my tax will be slightly
less each week from now to the end of the year , to allow my relief for the policy.

I cant really follow the calculations on the balancing statement/thks for your help.

You will probably have to get the PRSA contributions coded into your tax credits and standard rate cut off for the current year. PAYEAnytime is your best bet.

This is for the year 2015. I wonder will this mean that my tax will be slightly
less each week from now to the end of the year , to allow my relief for the policy.

I cant really follow the calculations on the balancing statement/thks for your help.

Does your statement indicate a refund due or does it say your credits will be increased for 2016? Usually a refund if you paid a lump sum.

thanks for help. Yap , (I paid 2.000 approx for year 2015). I now have been given relief of 1920...and my balancing statement
and it shows "treatment of Result" 768 euro which I got. I am on the top rate , wife is home.... I had thought that relief was given
at the tax rate (higher or lower) that you are on? about ....950........yes slim you re correct //////that is , i was given a lump sum ok..i thought
it was a bit short .....what do you think? Thks

thanks for help. Yap , (I paid 2.000 approx for year 2015). I now have been given relief of 1920...and my balancing statement
and it shows "treatment of Result" 768 euro which I got. I am on the top rate , wife is home.... I had thought that relief was given
at the tax rate (higher or lower) that you are on? about ....950........yes slim you re correct //////that is , i was given a lump sum ok..i thought
it was a bit short .....what do you think? Thks
Yeah, your contribution of 2000 x 40% = €800 so it's about right. There may be a slight difference from other tax underpaid. The contribution to prsa is deducted from total taxable but there may be a slight difference.

Back