Reids Furniture insurance

B

BlueSpud

I am in the process of buying 2 pieces of leather furniture from Reids Furniture for €1800. They have a 5 year cover against damages for €225 which sounds okay (maybe?). Does anybody know what it might cost to repair a stain/rip in a piece of furniture? Has anybody claimed against this policy and how did you get on?

Don't bother with this rip (if you pardon the pun!!) off insurance. It would probably be covered under your house insurance policy anyway. This is just an easy was for the likes of Reids to make a quick buck imo.

Totally agree. Extended warranties sold by stores usually include a large chunk of commission to the store and are often not needed if the house/contents insurance includes accidental damage cover etc. Unless you can come up with a good case for buying such cover I reckon that you should forego it.

Totally agree with the other posters, your house insurance should cover this, if you have accidental damage cover.

The sales people get a nice bit of commission on this, as ClubMan says.

In fact there is probably some small print that would make a claim more hassle than it is worth.

Consensus is a great thing, thanks, I will take your advice and give it a miss.

Back