Recommend your induction hob/ electric double oven

microsquid

I've previously posted for advice on this subject but thought it might make more sense to have a separate thread for the narrower question.
I've been gas all my life, going to make the big change to induction for safety.
Can you please recommend your hobs and ovens? And what features are must-haves?
It'll be a 600mm gap with a carcass unit to fit into existing standalone cooker space so we can reuse appliances when we remodel kitchen in 5yrs. [Thank you AAMers for this outstanding advice]
We have Bosch freezers and washing machine: are they good for cooking?
Trying to take advantage of sales while still on but not used to the different brands. :stupid:
I'm seeing lots of Hotpoint/ Zanussi in the sales but thinking we'll go upmarket a grade or so, but not sure we can afford something like Neff. That said if someone on here says their Neff is lasting 20yrs instead of 10 we'd go for it!
I'm looking for good and durable without being extremely expensive for replacement parts.
Thanks for all your help!

Well i had an electrolux induction hob (or zanussi) but pretty sure Elextrolux anyway they are the same company for 6 1/2 years in our old house, had to leave it behind when we moved. There was never a problem with it and i'd buy one again when we finally get around to doing the new kitchen

I have a Bosch induction hob, find it really good but it does take a bit of getting used to having moved from a normal electric hob, from Gas it should be easier. By the way Debenhams have a very good sale on homeware and this set would work on an induction hob, seems very good value
http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_331001971960_-1

My Neff is going strong after ten years, and I have a second, younger one, too. That said, I'm not convinced that any particular quality is needed. It's not a washing machine. There are no moving parts. It's not even subject to the same temperature extremes as a normal electric hob. Don't see why it shouldn't last forever unless it gets hit by lightning or my "power boost popcorn" finally explodes.

Thanks everyone, went with a Bosch hob and single pyrolytic oven in the end - same manufacturing group as Neff for about €200 cheaper for oven alone. [Couldn't find builtunder double Bosch oven in Cork] Told saleslady to go all out to sell us the Neff over the Bosch and all she could say was that you could cook a garlic bread and apple tart at the same time and flavours wouldn't transfer... seemed a little on the unbelieveable side, so we went for what we knew.
And we got our pots for free :)

Now that you mention it, Bosch was the brand the salesguy mentioned to me when he said that you were only paying for the label with Neff.

Back