Recommend North Dublin Mechanic

LM26

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to post this. Looking for a good car mechanic near Dublin 13.

Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

Just found a single recommendation elsewhere for Joe Murphy Motors in Clontarf, has anyone used these?

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to post this. Looking for a good car mechanic near Dublin 13.

Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

Dave Brennan up near Woodies in Coolock is a great independent mechanic.Ive used him a few times before in the past and he would allways have our cars fixed and serviced on time and at a very good price too

Dave Brennan Motors
8A Newtown Cottages, Dublin 17
(01) 867 0904

Not a mechanic as such, but if you know what part\light etc needs replacing, or need a servicing, and you have an older car then Summerhill Spares at the back of LIDL in the Malahide Road Industrial estate can be a cheap alternative.

I use Noel Dolphin in Clontarf. Very reliable. Have been using him for yrs. [broken link removed]

Not a mechanic as such, but if you know what part\light etc needs replacing, or need a servicing, and you have an older car then Summerhill Spares at the back of LIDL in the Malahide Road Industrial estate can be a cheap alternative.

Thanks for the info. Have a good few issues with the car so would like to hand into a mechanic this time but will be handy to know this place for bulbs etc moving forward, cheers.

I can recommend them - have used them before. No affiliation.

Thanks very much, have just booked in with Joe Murphys. Earliest date was 20th Jan so I'm taking that as a good sign. Will report back.

I use Noel Dolphin in Clontarf. Very reliable. Have been using him for yrs. [broken link removed]

Thanks, appreciate this info. I've gone with the other crowd in Clontarf. Clontarf seems to be a good spot for getting cars serviced !!

I'm in the same boat at the moment really in need of a good mechanic - can I ask how you found Joe Murphy? Thanks

Hi,

I was very happy with him Lisa. Our car passed the NCT no bother a few weeks later. He priced labour and materials separately and due to the amount of work needed it was about €300, think labour was about €120 of that. Our car has high mileage and was not surprised it needed a good few things done and cost a few quid. We didn't have to pay the NCT fee as the date they gave us was outside their 4 week promise so at least saved the €55 there! He doesn't open saturdays fyi.

Hi,

I was very happy with him Lisa. Our car passed the NCT no bother a few weeks later. He priced labour and materials separately and due to the amount of work needed it was about €300, think labour was about €120 of that. Our car has high mileage and was not surprised it needed a good few things done and cost a few quid. We didn't have to pay the NCT fee as the date they gave us was outside their 4 week promise so at least saved the €55 there! He doesn't open saturdays fyi.
Sorry just seeing this. That's brilliant, delighted. I'll get onto him so. Cheers for getting back.

Back