Recommend Car hire firm in and around Alicante in late October

horusd

Looking to car rent for about ten days, and I have a plethora of offers but not sure what to go for? Basically I want one that will include breakdown assist, and not interested in buying a ton of unnecc. extras. I have the excess insurance. Any recommendations?

I use www.economycarhire.com several times a year. Remember economycarhire is a broker and it gives you a choice of several car rental companies at the airport. Before you press the "Buy" button check out the car rental company on Tripadvisor. I recommend Centauro, Drivalia and Victoria car rentals there. Be very careful of one car hire company which I will not name as the post will be deleted then. So, please check Tripadvisor if you are renting from a company other than the ones I have named.

Thanks Leper. I came across economycarehire alright, and I think I came across the dodgey one too! Their reviews were terrible! I've been looking at a deal via Doyouspain.com and I had kinda settled for the one I wanted and, luckily, just booked it to pay on arrival. I happened to be looking for the pick-up address and accidentally came across the car hire companies reviews which were awful. Mostly to do with people waiting months to get their deposits back. I do a new search excluding that company, and got a deal with Centauro, but when I went to pay (no option to pay on arrival) the doyouspain website gave me the price for the original rental which (as it happens) was more expensive. There was no option to email customer service so I had to cancel the transactions and will book again when I hear back from doyouspain.com that the transactions have been voided. Funnily enough, when I opted to cancel (its free of charge) I could put in what had happened on the original booking. I'll post how I get on with them.

Back