Re-mortgaging to Interest Only Mortgage

C

Cassius

Hi,
I have made a decision to return to full-time education late this year for a course that will take about 18 months. As this will be a full-time course, I will be taking a career breakform my present position, and may take a part-time job.
As I have a mortgage, and my earnings will be restricted until I qualify, I am looking at the Interest-Only option, but the only literature/site info that I can find about this product is that it is for investment propertyowners. Can anyone advise if this mortgage option is available on an applicants principal residence? I would like to be able to approach my current and only-ever mortgagor (PTSB) with negotiating options! Any helpful advice gratefully appreciated....

Edit: Interest only!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re-mortgaging to Interest Free Mortgage

Interest Only, before the (other) pedants jump in.

Hi,
Can anyone advise if this mortgage option is available on an applicants principal residence?
Interest only!!!

Your lender may allow it for a short period such as 3 years but AFAIK Bank of Scotland ( Halifax ) are the only ones who will do interest only on a ppr for a longer period such as twenty years if that's any use.

The interest only payment facility would be rewuired for 2 years max....

The interest only payment facility would be rewuired for 2 years max....

IIB have a three year interest only repaymnet facility on a ppr which, perhaps, you can use as a negotiating option ( as you mentioned yourself ) with your own lender who appears, at least, to be [broken link removed].

Back