re: maternity benefit

F

fobs

On the oasis website it gives the maternity benefit amount to be 232 odd euros a week. I read somewhere that the amount was going up to 254 but not sure. Would all the rates on the government website be up to date? Due in late July this year and want to budget for when my pay will be dramatically decreased!

If the Revenue leaflets are anything to go by the other governement websites may also be out of date in parts.

Call SW on 01 8748444 and ask for maternity benefit section

Mat benefit

I'm afraid the max benefit available is €232.56 per week. I think in the last budget the minimum benefit might have gone up, but not the maximum.
It's a long way off the average industrial wage isn't it!
F

Maternity Leave

Does anybody know anything about tax rebates when you return to work after Maernity Leave?

Also, is it possible to claim for days taken as Parental Leave when you do return? @I am taking one day a week and was wondering if I could claim for it?

Re: Maternity Leave

I believe parental leave is at your own expense. You also cannot claim unemployment as you are not technicaly available to work. If your employer offers to pay (and I have yet to hear of it happen) then well and good, but you aren't actualy entitled to a payment for your parental leave days.

Back