Quoting Preceding Posts

mathepac

Am I alone in finding this practice both redundant and irritating? If I wish to respond to a post I don't understand how double displaying the content I'm responding to helps me or other posters. On other forums I participate in it is regarded as poor protocol and on others repeated "offences" can get you suspended / barred.

If I wish to highlight / respond to a sentence in a lengthy post, I have no problem isolating the single sentence for clarity, other posters find it necessary to quote the entire post which doesn't help at all.

Thoughts?

Am I alone in finding this practice both redundant and irritating? If I wish to respond to a post I don't understand how double displaying the content I'm responding to helps me or other posters. On other forums I participate in it is regarded as poor protocol and on others repeated "offences" can get you suspended / barred.

If I wish to highlight / respond to a sentence in a lengthy post, I have no problem isolating the single sentence for clarity, other posters find it necessary to quote the entire post which doesn't help at all.

Thoughts?

Well said :p

Back