Pylon beside house

Voda

Just wondering if anyone has any views on this. We have looked at a house that we like. It is located in an estate that we also like but right beside it is a great big pylon. You can't see it from any of the windows of the house but when you walk out of or drive up to the house, it is probably the first thing you will notice.
Aesthetically, it's not the nicest and of course, people will have views in respect of health...

What sort of views are you looking for on this?

For previous discussions about the alleged health effects in this sort of situation see some of .

I'm just wondering if anyone would have any concerns, health or otherwise, about living so close to a pylon?

The day you buy is the day you sell. Majority of punters wont buy a house beside a pylon for allegedly health reasons. Whether there is or not a health issue, there is a perception out there that its the case, so that will affect your re-sale of the property - IMHO.

I'd agree with runner. No evidence of health issues doesn't stop people from thinking that there may be. And people won't like the eyesore. So resale value will omst likely be impacted. But if these issues are priced into the purchase price maybe it doesn't matter?

Plenty of choice on the market these days to opt for a pylon free property. It would be a "no, no" for me, unless this property is dirt cheap, in which case i would buy it and rent it!!

I would never live in a house near a pylon. Even if the house was given to me for nothing. I may be paranoid but is it really worth the risk. Remember all the protests a few years ago by the residents in the harbour (cobh side) about all the pylons they have to put up with. A lot of people from that area believe their children are sick because of them. They raised alot of valid points.

Sorry - I think everyone is from Cork!! I should have said Cork Harbour!!

Back