PTSB 10 Fixed - rate 4% / APR 4.6?

Tee

Permanent TSB are offering a 4% 10 year fixed rate mortgage which we're quite interested in. The APR for this is 4.6%

EBS have a 10 year fixed with a rate of 5.5% and an APR of 5.3%?

Obviously in both instances the PTSB is a better rate, but how can it be that one APR is higher than the actual rate (PTSB) and one is lower than the actual rate (EBS)?

If anyone could explain this I would much appreciate it. Thanks

Can you post a link that would show the PTSB offering a ten year fixed rate at 4%?
I find that very hard to believe as their five year fixed is 5.75%.
Cheers

PTSB are offering 4.5% (4.6% APR) over 10 yrs if your LTV is under 50%

Mine is under 50%... I was offered a five year fixed at 5.75%!!
I would bite the hand off them to get a ten year fixed at 4.5%.!
Can anyone show a link that shows them advertising this?
Is this a new deal?
Thanks.

I would also jump at a 10yr fixed at 4.5%... but unfortunately I am stuck with 5.75% for the next 5years....

Actually Ive just found a link to that.

Probably worth noting that this is for NEW BUSINESS ONLY.Some of rest of us who are stuck with them are on much higher rates!
And also wonder what is the cost per thousand on this?

Should have read your post before phoning them up - discovered that it is indeed for NEW BUSINESS ONLY.

I bank with BOI currently, so phoned them to see what they would offer in switching - they'd give a 5 year fixed at 4.75%.
Is it worth all the hassle though??

V Good Rates

If we are to believe the forecasters, re. rises in ECB interest rates...these seem very attractive to me. Should the banks announce increases in interest rates, which are not linked to ECB rates....are these fixed rates affected?

Thanks,
Paul.

Back