PRSA contributions not paid by employer.

L

lizley

Hi

The company I worked for has gone into liquidation making me redundant. I have since found out that my employers contribution to my PRSA has not been paid in since last September, they did not inform us of this and I only found out by accident. Is it legal for my former employer to do this without informing staff?

Many Thanks

You will need to take a copy of your payslips detailing your PRSA contributions and get a letter from the PRSA provider stating when the last payment was received and what reason was given to them for this last payment (DD cancelled, returned unpaid etc) Also ask the PRSA provider did they write to you to inform you that no payments have been received and ask for a copy of same.

With all this write to the Financial Services Ombudsman with your complaint also if the PRSA provider did not write to inform you that payments were missed you may have grounds for complaint against them as well!

In the mean time you need to work out how much is owed to the PRSA and you need to lodge a creditors claim letter with your employers liquidator. This is the first thing that I would do. AFAIK there is a limited time line to lodge a claim. I would also let them know that you have submitted a case to the FSO.

Thanks so much for your help, I will get onto that today!

Back