Property price register

mihaela

Hi guys, back here for more advice .
I've put a deposit on a house 2 months ago. I've been reassured by the EA that the sale price will not be negotiated what so ever as is the 1st faze in a new estate, that prices will actually go up on the next batch of houses. I've just seen on propertypriceregistry.ie that supposedly houses 2 numbers down sold for 40k less. Does this website actually post the genuine price of sale, or maybe people isn't truthfull when they declare the price?
Here's me hoping that I haven't made the mistake of my life!

Two different numbers...one cited by an Estate Agent, the other reflected on the national property price register...hard to know who to believe.

Do not believe the Lord's prayer from an Estate Agent. 99% of these people give the rest a bad name. They are professionals in much the same way as a lady of the night is.

Usually the only prices that differ are the few with asterisks and they appear generally to have been sold to family or so the explanation goes :)

Bearing in mind when the other 2 houses sold a lot has probably come down the tracks since then i.e. confirmation of First Time Buyers' Grant, Central Bank changes etc. so prices do appear to be on the up quite quickly these days.

Perhaps I'm being naive but you appear to be getting in at the right time.

Best of luck with the purchase :)

The prices appear to be registered on 19/10 so it was before the new budget.
I wouldn't mind the price difference once it was justified....

You do realise that new house prices are ex VAT on the register?

So you must add 13.5% VAT to new house prices.

This is why you see odd figures, e.g.

house sold for 250k

register says 220,264

Thanks Protocol! I did think of that, however when I bought my 1st house a few years back, the price I paid was the price shown on their website. That's what I've used as guidance, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks Protocol! I did think of that, however when I bought my 1st house a few years back, the price I paid was the price shown on their website. That's what I've used as guidance, but maybe I'm wrong.

only new houses are shown ex vat

Back