Proof you're living in the property prior to sale.

Redback

I've heard that some banks want you to have been living in your property for a couple of months prior to moving in order to bring over your tracker. Is there any validity in this?

I ask because we meet bank this week and have our property currently rented out. Trying to think of any issues that may arise when we meet with AIB. Im actually v nervous going to meet them!

We re currently living in a family members house rent free, as we re just back from having been abroad. Thinking once we get our deposit up to 40k mark we ll move back to our property and have it in best sale able condition possible and free of sitting tenants that require a lease.

That is a condition of some of the Tracker Movers. I know it was with PTSB.

You will probably be asked to present utility bills that show you're living in the property when you make the formal application.

Does anyone know are you disqualified from porting over your tracker if you have at some stage rented the property out?

We wouldn't be able to hid the fact we rented it out as we're in Australia for 3 years...but maybe if we moved back in now..and in 6 months applied. The rental income wouldn't show on our statements and it would be our PPR while residing in the state.
To be honest, I wouldn't like to be lying to the the bank incase they found out and disqualified us!

Ive looked up AIBs definitions on porting over trackers;

Tracker Retention: Key features and eligibility requirements;
-Tracker Retention is only available to existing AIB mortgage customers with a tracker interest rate on their principal private residence and who are not experiencing difficulties making their existing mortgage repayments

- Principal private residence, Home, PDH (Private Dwelling House). A person’s primary residence, or main residence is the dwelling where they usually live with in the state. A person can only have one primary residence at any given time.

If you lived outside the state it wasn't your principal primary residence.

Best thing to do is move back in for at least 6 months and then you can provide all the proof required.

I think thats what we ll have to do, but won't they see the TRS got cancelled yrs ago and know from that we rented it out?

There are lots of reasons that you would be not getting TRS. If they ask simply state that they (revenue) informed you that it was not due to you.

Back